Sunday, January 20, 2013

Exploring Rome

Whether it is a rainy day or a sunny one, there is always something to do in Rome. This weekend allowed me the perfect opportunity to explore this wonderful city that I'll be a part of for at least a little bit.   

The Colosseum looks completely different at night, but spectacular all the time. I still have not gone inside,  but that will be for another day soon.


















After a long day of exploring and walking over 5 miles, some friends and I stopped at a place with what we considered the best deal on the street. First off, since I live right next to the Pantheon all of the food is a tad pricier over here. But we were still able to find, after some looking around, a restaurant that was priced pretty well with great food. This atmosphere is what the restaurant Olive Garden was going for.





And here is the famous gelato picture! This place is by the Pantheon and has 150 flavors of gelato, and what we were eating were the smallest sizes that they had. For my cone I chose the Kiwi and Biscoto flavors. 


Random shop by the Pantheon
More Gelato! Nutella flavor this time!




We also stopped by the Trevi Fountain, and of course I just HAD to throw in a coin and make a wish. The fountain is only about a 5 minute walk from where I live and the pictures do not do it justice. It is a fantastic piece of Roman architecture, and another reason as to why I am amazed by this city!

Of course after a long weekend filled with fun activities it is nice to cook a dinner with your roommates and relax!

Dinner time in the apartment with my roommates!


No comments:

Post a Comment